Trendy ways of labeling letterboxes
Letterbox signs are an interesting way to bring colour and uniqueness to your home or office premises. You do not have to go for a complex design. Something as simple as a name engraved on a piece of wood can make a big difference. Our team of designers is always ready to guide you through the many options of letterbox signs available, and how you should go about choosing the right signs. There is nothing that is too complex for us to create. All you need to do, is to let us know the type of letterbox sign you want and leave the rest to us.
What to Consider When Choosing Letterbox Signs
- Your Style: The general style and design of your home or office should play a big part in the kind of letterbox signs that you choose. For instance, if your style is elegance and class, you should look for a sign that has glossy writing and outstanding features. If your style is retro, your letterbox sign should complement it.
- Size of Letterbox: Before you go out to look for the sign that will be used in your letterbox, you should ensure that you have the right dimensions of it. You do not want to get a sign that is too small and barely visible on your letterbox. At the same time, you would not want to have your entire letterbox covered with a sign. It helps to take the measurements and even the photo of the letterbox if you are going to shop for one in a physical shop.
- Climate Where You Live: The climate where you live will determine the material that will be used to make your signage. For instance, if you reside in an environment where it is predominantly rainy, you may want to choose a permanent marker whose ink is unlikely to be washed out by the rain. A sunny environment will also need you to stay away from signs with adhesives that will melt off.
- Neighbourhood: If you want to go for a more bold type of letterbox sign, you should first consult with your Neighbourhood Watch to see if they are fine with it. There have been cases where some neighbours have raised concerns over a sign that they felt was too extreme.
- Purpose: When choosing letterbox signs, you should think about the reason why you are putting up one in the first place. For instance, if the main purpose is to identify yourself, then a simple sign with a write up of your name and address is enough. If your purpose is to spice up the design of your home, you should not shy off from getting a little more creative with what you do with the letterbox sign.
What to Put in Letterbox Signs
The list is endless on what you can put in your letterbox signs. Some of the popular things people put on their signs include:
- Name Label: This is always a name that is put on a small sign in the form of text. Most of the time, it features a business name or surname depending on where the letterbox will be placed. This type of sign is always used to indicate where someone lives or works.
- Address: Putting your address on the letterbox sign is a way of identifying yourself and making people find you easily. This type of sign is always helpful for people who live in areas that do not have well-defined addresses, and they want to be found easily.
- Instructions: Letterbox signs can be used to pass on vital information, such as "drop letter here, use back flap, no junk mail " and other instructions that can help in delivering simple messages.